Obesity is a complex diseases which is characterized by accumulation of fats in the body thus resulting in the weight of body. In other words we can say that body weight becomes more than body mass index. The normal range of body mass index is 25 to 29. Obesity is not only itself a disease but it gives rise to many other diseases as well. Obese persons are always at high risk of developing diseases.
What is BMI?
It is actually body mass index and it is a parameter to measure the body mass according to height of body. BMI determines that weight of the body must be in accordance with height of body. Its cart is available on internet and you can also check your body mass by BMI calculator which is easily available on internet. A sports doctor in Dubai can also give you guidance in this regard.
Causes of obesity:
- Physical inactivity
- More intake o fats and carbohydrates
- Hormonal disorders such as PCOS, hypothyroidism, cushing’s syndrome
- High levels of stress, depression
- Medicines such as antidepressants, antipsychotics
- More use of beverages, carbonated drinks
- More use of sugars
- Genetic disorders
Diseases caused by obesity:
Obesity is the mother of all diseases. It leads to formation of many diseases in our body. Some of the diseases caused by obesity are given here.
- Heart diseases
- Fatty liver
- High cholesterol levels
- Thickening of blood
- Inability to move body muscles
- Gall bladder diseases
- Breathing problems such as shortening of breath and asthma
- Pregnancy problems
- Kidney diseases
How to prevent from obesity?
Things to do:
- More exercise
- Increased physical activity
- Healthy food intake
- Treating disorder causing obesity
- More intake of vegetables
- By taking balanced diet containing all portions of food such as carbohydrates, proteins, fruits, dairy
Things not to do:
- More intake of carbohydrates and fats
- Sedentary life style
- Intake of carbonated drinks
- Intake of oily foods
- Physical inactivity
Effect of obesity on daily life:
- Reduce the confidence of person
- Increases in the levels of stress
- Lethargic state of body
- Decrease in the activeness of body
Check here for further details.